Last week I read Finding Ultra by Rich Roll. It was so good that I finished it in 4 days. The book is about Rich’s true inspiring journey to health and overcoming challenges.
What attracted me to this book was the amazing feat of a Vegan athlete completing the Epic 5, five iron-distance triathlons, each on a different Hawaiian island in less than a week. I was happy to find that book included much more than Epic journey. It’s packed with life lessons, inspiration and nutritional tips.
Here are 5 take aways:
- It amazes me how much abuse the body can take and still bounce back to optimum health.
- The mind will give-up before the body unless it is trained.
- It’s not about the sport it’s about the inner journey and transformation.
- The cure for fear is faith.
- A plantpower diet can fuel an Ultraman.